Sunday, June 17, 2012

Volcán Poás

Today I woke up at 6 am to go to Volcán Poás, but it was completely worth it.


On the bus ride there, we stopped at a coffee plantation to get coffee. I do not enjoy coffee, but I do enjoy taking photos at a beautiful plantation!


When we arrived, we hiked up the trail to the top of Volcán Poás. We were so lucky and had a beautiful clear morning waiting for us. Our guide told us sometimes they have to wait an hour before the fog clears enough to see the volcano.


After the volcano, we headed to La Paz (The Peace) Waterfall Gardens. They are beautiful. We walked through rooms of birds, butterflies, big cats, monkies, frogs, and humming birds. Some were in cages, but others surrounded us as we walked through the rooms. After the animals, we hiked the trail to the waterfalls. There are two big waterfalls and they were beautiful. They made me want to find some waterfalls in less tourist areas. These ones you had to stay on a trail behind a fence. Granted, the waterfalls were letting off so much mist that we were getting quite wet from where we were, but it still will be awesome to find a waterfall we can walk right up to! 






This trip was amazing. Seeing the animals so close was awesome. Some of my friends held the butterflies. I was a little too nervous to hold them. I am not an insect person. I do however enjoy taking pictures of them! I said "Estoy en el cielo de fotografía!" I am in photography heaven and it was true! Costa Rica has so much beauty waiting to be explored!

No comments:

Post a Comment