"I have loved the stars too fondly to be afraid of the night." One of my favorite quotes by Galileo
Today I made 250 flashcards for my big vocab test nest week. Then, I got quite depressed when I realized this amount doesn't even cover half of my words. The good thing about this class is most of these words are actually quite practical and ones that I do need to know. I really do love my class. There are four of us plus the teacher and we sit around just talking. We tell stories from our lives, talk about controversial topics, the culture of Latin America, big events in history, famous people, the excursions we have been taking, anything and everything. I did two oral presentations this week. The theme for the first one was a big day in history and the second one could literally be whatever we wanted. For my first presentation, I discussed Galileo discovering the moons of Jupiter and the implications this had on astronomy. Today, I talked about the Inca Empire and the ruins you can still see today. The great thing about this was these are two topics I am actually interested in and enjoyed researching them.
Elise, Nely, and I decided to find a grocery store today. We first went to what we're calling the Cosco of Costa Rica, but they did not have a good food selection.
We then found a whole other mall in San Jose and it had a large grocery store inside. My goal was to find some granola bars for snacks. Unfortunately, they do not have much snacky foods in this country. They really do not have any granola bars. I do not understand how people can last from lunch at 12 until dinner at 7 without eating anything! I have to eat something around 4. The hunt for food is still ongoing. I had fruit at lunch today that was delicious: pineapple, mango, papaya, and watermelon. I could eat fruit all day everyday and still want more.This weekend I am taking two day trips. Saturday, I will be visiting Volcan Poas and Sunday is white water rafting. I am really excited about the trips, not so excited for having to be at school at 7 and 6:20 am.
Pura Vida!


No comments:
Post a Comment